Bethlehem Lutheran Church offers a place for youth and young adults to meet, to be encouraged in their life of faith and to grow in their understanding of God’s love.
On the 1st and 3rd and 5th Fridays of the month there is a gathering of youth (roughly high school age) from Bethlehem and St Stephens Lutheran Church (Wakefield St, Adelaide). This group meets at Bethlehem House from approximately 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm for various activities and a devotion.
On the 4th Saturday of the month we meet from 5.00 pm -9.00 pm
There are various groups for young adults (aged 18 and up) at Bethlehem.
- On the 1st and 3rd and 5th Friday of the month there is a Young Adults Social night (7–9:30 pm). This night often involves a meal, discussion, and Bible study. This group meets at Bethlehem House, and is usually led by Lisa Thiele.
- Every Wednesday there is a Bible Study from 3.00 pm- 4.30 pm, held at Bethlehem House and run by Lisa Thiele.
- On the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month there is the Young Adults Book Group and Bible Study (7 pm –8:15 pm). This group meets to read and discuss the writing of prominent Christian writers, and to read and discuss one of the Bible readings for the coming Sunday. This group meets at Bethlehem House, and is usually led by Pastor Fraser Pearce.
- A bushwalking group meets on a monthly basis.
- Contact Lisa if you are interested in any of these activities.
Random Acts of Kindness Group
Once a month (usually on the 3rd or 4th Sunday) there is the Random Act of Kindness (RAK) Group. This group meets at the church and proceeds to various locations to bless people through helping with gardening, cleaning and visiting.
There is an opportunity for both youth and young adults to serve on a regular roster with helping at Westcare.
If you have any questions, or would like to join in any of these groups, please contact the Youth and Young Adults Coordinator, Lisa Thiele.