There are many opportunities at Bethlehem to take part in key learning events, and attend courses and study groups to help members and friends, both young and old, to grow in faith and enrich their spiritual lives.
Christian education at Bethlehem is guided and overseen by the Education Committee. The aim is to help members of Bethlehem grow as disciples from the font to the grave by:
- helping members grow in worship, hearing/reading scripture, prayer and in baptismal living in a four year cycle
- helping parents raise their children in the faith
- assisting the Sunday school as it supports parents in teaching the faith
- guiding the confirmation and catechumenate ministries of the congregation
- planning an annual programme of short term study courses, liaising with Bethlehem’s pastors and Australian Lutheran College
- promoting small groups and provide/recommend sound study material
- encouraging the use of Christian resources and materials eg books, DVDs
- overseeing and encouraging the use of the church library
- Vespers Studies – Pastor Fraser Pearce leads short courses in Bethlehem House before Sunday evening Vespers services at various times during the year - from 5:45 to 6:45pm.